Bicycling is a sport and hobby enjoyed by young and old in almost any season. Finding the perfect giftfor someone who loves to bike isn’t as hard as you might think. From riding gloves to car racks, you can find the perfect gift that fits the biker on your list. (if you are interested with dirt bikes instead, you can check everything about small dirt bikes by click)
1) The Bell Vela Fusion Sport Women’s Helmet costs $31.95. It has a new design for 2006 and weighs only 9 ounces. Features include a lightweight fusion in-mold micro shell, snap-in visor, cam-lock levers, color matched fit system buttons and is CPSC certified. This helmet is made to fit any adult woman, from 50 to 57 centimeters in head size.
2) The Giro Flak Bike Helmet is priced at $29.95. This Giro is billed as a “straight-up skate-style helmet.” Features include a high-impact ABS shell, 13 air vents and it weighs 14.5 ounces. Sizes are Small (51-55cm), Medium (55-59cm), and Large (59-63cm).
3) Optic Nerve Blister Sunglasses are a good buy at $39.95. These sunglasses have high impact polycarbonate lenses that give 100% UV A/B/C protection and de-centered lens technology that is supposed to provide optical clarity for safer skating. It comes with a lifetime warranty and you can pick from Fade Powder Blue or Shiny Black colors.
4) The MShades Cloak Polarized Sunglasses priced at $26.95 are another good buy. The polarized lens filters out 99.9% of the reflected glare to help reduce accidents and offers 100% UV A/B/C protection. These sunglasses come with a lifetime warranty.
5) The Blackburn Quadrant / Mars 3.0 Combo Lights cost $32.99. Lights are one of the best safety features you can install on your bicycle. The Quadrant light in front and bright Mars 3.0 in back give you ample lighting. The Quad has four LEDs including a wide angle side light. They can run for 110 hours in steady mode and 300 hours in flash mode. The Mars have seven LEDs and can run for 50 hours in steady mode and 150 hours in flash. The lights are water resistant in case you get caught out in the rain and batteries are included.
6) For traveling, the Allen Basic 2 Bicycle Carrier 102A is a great bike rack for only $39.99. It is made to fit Sedans, Hatchbacks, Minivans and SUV’s. With twelve long carry arms it can transport up to 2 bikes. It comes fully assembled and sets up on your vehicle and installs in seconds. Allen trunk racks are made of chip resistant zinc plated steel that helps to prevent rust and gives a longer life to the rack.
7) A subscription to Bicycling magazine is another unique gift idea. Published monthly, you get eleven issues for a subscription price of $19.94. The magazine includes articles on training, bike trails, and product reviews.
8) Ride BMX is another bike magazine that won’t disappoint you. It is the largest BMX magazine in the world. BMX is published monthly and a twelve issue subscription of this magazine runs $19.99. Again, this contains articles on places to ride, new products, and a how to guide on learning to perform new tricks.
9) The Spenco Ironman TOUR Cycling Glove runs $22.50. They come in blue and black, have hook and loop closures made from thermal melded PVC for wrist adjustment. The terry cloth thumb aids in sweat absorption, the palm is perforated synthetic leather, elastic cuff, there is extra stitching to prevent unraveling, and palm padding of 6mm thick foam rubber with a 3-pad system for shock absorption and palm protection in case of accidents. These gloves also offer a unique patented channel between pads over the median nerve helps reduce hand numbness. They are machine washable and line dry and come with a 1 year guarantee.
10) Louis Garneau Women’s W-Rex Gloves are an ideal for $19.95. They are designed to fit a woman’s smaller hand and will return to their original shape after using them. Features of these gloves include shock absorption palms, ventilated inner palms to reduce sweating, memory foam construction with 3 layers of padding, terry thumbs for moisture absorption, and adjustable Velcro closures to fit almost any wrist size.
Pick any of these products for the cyclist on your list and he or she will be certain to get a lot of enjoyment from them. Peddle out and make a biker happy.